Non-Sparking Hand Tools
Non-sparking tools is mandatory to provide protection against fires and explosions in environments where there is a possibility of sparks igniting flammable solvents, vapours, liquids, dusts or residues.
Conventionally Non-Sparking Hand Tools were available of the following two materials i.e Copper Beryllium and Aluminium Bronze.
Copper Beryllium (Cu-Be) is an extremely hazardous alloy due to the toxicity associated with Beryllium. Use of Cu-Be hand tools or other parts, constantly exposes employees and contractors to a severe and often fatal lung disease caused by exposure to Beryllium. You read more about hazards of beryllium on our technology page.
Many countries are thus severely curtailing use of Cu-Be or completely banning it.
Due to the above reasons, some users have adopted Aluminium Bronze (Al-Br) as the preferred alternative for non-sparking tools. However, Al-Br is a very weak material having strength of about 60% of Cu-Be. These tools thus break very frequently leading to high consumption and risk of injury to the user.
Copper Titanium Non-Sparking Hand Tools are certified and tested as per IS 4595-1969 Standards and are totally free from beryllium and have high strength characteristics.
As a material manufacturer, we offer complete range of standard non sparking tools and also provide customized solutions from design to manufacturing of Non-Sparking Tools so that you don’t have to compromise on safety.
|Property||QTi Non-Sparking Hand Tools||Copper Beryllium Tools||Aluminium Bronze Hand Tools|
|Yield Strength, MPa||880-1150||860-1130||250-350|
|Tensile Strength, MPa||1000-1250||900-1200||600-750|
|Elec. Conductivity % IACS||17-25||17-23||13|
Advantages of QTi Non-Sparking Hand Tools – which pro to be followed
- Beryllium Free – free from health hazards.
- Long life of tools
- Easy to dispose the tools without any environmental hazards
- Cost effective than Copper beryllium Tools.
- Can replace expensive titanium tools for certain non-magnetic applications.
Applications of Non-Sparking Hand Tools
- Ammunition, Missile & Explosives factories
- Automotive Paint Shops (Spray Booths)
- Chemical Manufacturing
- Fertilizer Plants
- Flammable Materials Manufacturing, Handling and Warehousing
- Gas Plants
- Ink Industries
- Liquefied Petroleum Gases (LPG) production and filling stations
- Coal and mineral mining
- Nuclear Plants
- Oil & Natural Gas Drilling, Refining & Handling.
- Offshore and Onshore oil drilling rigs and platforms
- Paint, Lacquer & Varnish Products
- Petroleum Refining
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Pipeline Construction & Maintenance
- Plastic Manufacturing
- Rubber Processing Operations
- Desalination Plants
- Aircraft Maintenance & Overhaul
- Hospitals & Clinics Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI- Maintenance on or near)
- Mine Sweepers
- Nuclear Products & Testing Machines
- Radar Transmission Centers
- Aircraft and Missile Plants
- Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear or Explosives (CBRNE) Logistical Support / Operational Equipment.
- Fire Departments (civil and most military bases)